Thursday, October 31, 2013

Week 5 EOC: Social Networks and Job Hunting

Social Networks play a huge role into a business anywhere from looking up information on potential employees, finding potential employees, to even help spread the word on the business itself. I have to agree with businesses looking up potential clients on the world wide web. If you want to have a professional job and looking to start a career with your life you should have no problem with what pop's up when someone types your name into the search bar. Companies what employees that can conduct themselves in a professional manner and if you are on Facebook, twitter, instagram whatever it is from talking slang, using profanity, posting inappropriate pictures these companies will not want you representing them. As a freelance photographer, graphic designer and creative director, when I have clients come to me that I don't know I look them up and see who they are as a person and if it is someone that I want representing my work or if I would be embarrassed to work with them.  Now to talk about using social media to post job opportunists, I like it and think it is the best way. I might be a little bias as a freelance worker because social media is eight five percent how I acquire my clients.  “Others note that while LinkedIn contains a more comprehensive résumé database, candidates tend to value referrals from their connections on Facebook more.”  of course companies prefer Facebook over LinkedIn, we all know LinkedIn is a professional website used for finding jobs. We don't talk with friends on there or post our locations or status updates on what we had for breakfast. These companies want to find dirty on you if at all possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment